Summer 2009

18 April 2010

Home stretch

Only two papers separate me from graduation! One is due tomorrow, the other is due Tuesday. Both topics are interesting (Climate change, coca, alternative development and security in Colombia, and Property Rights and Environmental Justice In Tension), but I'm ready to write for a more concrete purpose rather than a grade and for the inherent value of research/writing. The most fascinating topic still serves to address a prompt, not a long-term goal or project. I'm ready for the latter. :-)

Post paper deadlines, Ed and I will spend a few days in Seattle to attend our friends' wedding and for Ed to interview with a couple P&O clinics. I'm looking forward to some PNW time!

It is pretty amazing to think about graduation and reflect on the incredible opportunities I've had here at Michigan. I don't think I knew what to expect when I started these programs. Even if I had, I would have underestimated the life experiences provided by my courses. And I would have underestimated the university's ability to attract a graduation speaker. On May 1st I'll be sitting in the Big House, wearing teal (and russet brown), listening to Barack Obama address the class of 2010. Not bad. :-)

No comments: