The travel bug has bitten again, and I am preparing for another adventure! The details have yet to be smoothed out, but here's the basic framework:
May 27 (early morning): Fly Detroit to New York City, spend the day at the UN campus, trying to get a visa to Burkina Faso...and, importantly, hang out with Ms. Amy Rehwaldt!
May 28: Extra day in NYC (just in case previous attempt to get a visa for Burkina fails)
May 29: Meet up with Clair and fly NYC to Paris, Paris to Dakar, Senegal! We will most likely spend the night in Dakar before getting on another flight to either Burkina Faso or Niger (yet to be determined) (I'll talk about what we're doing over there in future blogs...stay posted!)
June 10ish: Return to Senegal (Dakar) from Burkina/Niger...spend ~2 weeks in Senegal (Thies area and villages)
~June 25?: Leave Dakar for whichever country (Burkina or Niger) we haven't been to...spend ~10 days there
July 2: ..and we go back to Dakar, Senegal for a night!
July 3: The group breaks up, with Nemanja continuing onto Kilamanjaro, Clair heading back to the states, and I will take off for ~drum roll......~ PARIS!
July 4 (early morning): Land in Paris! I'm doing this on the cheap, so technically this is a stopover. Camping would be awesome, but hosteling is more likely. At this point, drinking tap water and eating veggies will be AMAZING!
?July 7: This is still very tentative, but I might throw another adventure between the morning of July 7 and my departure on July 10?
July 10: Back to the states
I'll try to post as frequently as possible, but internet access may be sparse.
Summer 2009
18 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I look forward to the pictures! And how do you pay for all this anyway? I've always been curious if you get grants or just won the lottery ;)
Ah! Sounds like tons of fun Sid! You'll have lots of stories to tell when you're back in Seattle in August :)
-Lindsay
Post a Comment